If you’ve been charged with a criminal or traffic offence you don’t have to face it alone. The outcome of your Court case might be life changing, so give yourself the best possible chance with one of our traffic lawyers or criminal defence lawyers.
At Harbourside Legal Services we will advise you of your rights, get you ready for your Court appearance and explain the Court procedures so you understand what’s happening. In Court we’ll defend your case clearly and strongly to give you the best possible outcome. We regularly appear in the Local Court, District Court and Supreme Court and can also represent you at the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
We can handle all areas of criminal law, including:
- Traffic and vehicle offences – exceed the prescribed content of alcohol (drink driving), drive while disqualified or suspended, drive without a licence, other driving offences
- Acts intended to cause injury – including common assault, serious assault resulting in injury, stalking, serious assault not resulting in injury
- Justice procedure offences – breach of violence order, resist or hinder police, breach of bond, suspended sentence, or community service order
- Theft – including theft from retail premises, receiving or handling the proceeds of crime, theft of intellectual property
- Illicit drug offences – possession, cultivation or dealing in illicit drugs
- Public Order offences – disorderly conduct, criminal intent, riot and affray, liquor and tobacco offences, offensive language or behaviour, cruelty to animals
- Fraud offences – obtaining benefit by deception, forgery of documents, dishonest conversion
- Property damage – graffiti, fire and explosion
- Dangerous or negligent acts endangering persons – driving under the influence of alcohol or other substance (DUI), Dangerous or negligent driving
- Prohibited weapons – misuse, unlawfully obtain or possess a prohibited weapon or explosive
- Threatening behaviour
- Sexual assault – aggravated sexual assault, child pornography
- Robbery, blackmail & extortion
- Homicide – murder, attempted murder, manslaughter
Worried about the likely penalty? Ready to get some common sense legal advice? Contact us to talk to an experienced traffic or criminal lawyer in North Sydney.
At Harbourside Legal Services our traffic and DUI lawyers have been fighting on behalf of people charged with traffic offences under the Road Safety Act, Transport Act and other driving and traffic laws since 1962. Whether you’ve been caught drink driving, driving on a suspended or disqualified licence, or been charged with careless or dangerous driving we can help. If you need a work licence or hardship licence our expert driving lawyers will help give you the best chance.
Our Traffic and DUI Lawyers, can advise you in regard to charges such as:
- Drink driving offences (DUI): novice range drink driving offences, special range drink driving offences, low range PCA, mid range PCA, high range PCA, drink driving penalties.
- Careless driving
- Hoon offences
- Dangerous driving: dangerous driving occasioning death, dangerous driving occasioning serious bodily harm, aggravated dangerous driving occasioning serious bodily harm
- Drug driving or reckless driving
We can also help with:
- Interlock driving program for habitual drink driving offenders
- Licence loss: licence disqualification, licence appeals, work licences, driving while disqualified, license suspensions for unpaid fines, restricted licences,
- Speeding fines, traffic camera offences, traffic violations, getting out of a speeding ticket
- Trucks and heavy vehicles
We understand how important your licence is to your job, your family and your freedom. Our driving lawyers will investigate your case, help prepare you for your Court appearance and argue strongly on your behalf. We know driving and traffic law in and out and know how to get the best result possible for you.
Harbourside Legal Services can provide representation and assistance in the Children’s Court of New South Wales for the following matters:
- Matters relating to the care and protection of both children and young people
- Criminal matters involving children and young people.
Our advice is practical and delivered in plain English so that children, young people, parents and guardians can all understand what is required and likely to happen at Court.